As Todd Bachman walked his daughter Brittany down the aisle at the start of her wedding, he stopped the procession. He ran to the front row and grabbed the hand of Brittany's Step-Dad, taking him to walk their daughter down the aisle together.
Later in an interview the Step-Dad said, "He came and grabbed my hand and said, 'You worked as hard as I have. You'll help us walk our daughter down the aisle'.... I got weak in my knees and lost it. Nothing better in my life, the most impactful moment in my life."
The two Dads admitted they had not always got along, but Todd said, "For me to thank him for all the years of helping raise our daughter wouldn't be enough. There is no better way to thank somebody than to assist me walking her down the aisle."
The photos have gone viral.
What do you see in the picture
Where are they?
what do you think is happening?
- what is a wedding for?
- what is "walking down the aisle"? traditionally who does that bit?
- why has Brittany got two Dads?
- Why do you think Brittany's Step-Dad wasn't asked to walk her down the aisle?
- how do you think he felt as he watched Todd walk Brittany down the aisle?
- Why did Todd stop the procession?
- Look at the face of the guest next to the Step-Dad as Todd grabs his hand, what is she thinking?
- Look at Todd's face; what is he thinking?
- How is Step-dad feeling?
- How do you think Brittany felt when she saw both her Dad's walking down the aisle together?
- why is this about different families?
- why have the photos gone viral? What does this show us about how people across the world see families?
- what can we learn from Todd?
- why is this about No Outsiders?